Monday, May 3, 2010

My hair!


Up above is the picture all you from the peanut gallery wanted to see. It's ME! :-)

Well, I always say that blogging is my therapy. It is the place I come to vent. So, I'm here to vent about my HAIR! After over 2 years of having a really cute haircut and for the first time in MY ENTIRE LIFE, loving my hair, I have decided to grow it back out. Two years of the same hairstyle starts to get old. I still go see my hairdresser every 6 weeks to keep it shaped up and have it thinned out every so often, because I have a MASSIVE amount of hair.

So Saturday was the day to have my hair shaped up. Before I say anything about my cut, I want you to know how much I love, love, love my hairdresser. She is WONDERFULLY AWESOME. She has never, ever given me a bad cut. And believe me, I've had A LOT of bad cuts in my life. She took over 10 inches off the first time she ever laid hands on me, and still did a fabulous job (which is why I kept going back.) So I've yet to have a bad cut done in over 2 years. Until Saturday. Ay-ay-ay.

I decided at the last minute I wanted some of those cute little bangs that are in. I've had bangs on and off for my entire life. Well, she cut some bangs, but the bangs are not the problem here. It's what she did with the rest of my hair. She decided to get snippy with it. Hair was all over the place. She was trying to thin out my hair so that it wouldn't look like a mushroom was growing on my head. Now I feel like I look like Joan Jett circa 1981. I can only hope that I don't look that way to others. However, when your own dad doesn't recognize you in Walgreeen's, there's a lot to be said. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it, even when I was drenched in rain on Saturday. But, I think people lie about stuff like that. I know I do. (Well, I'm being honest here--- honest about lying.) But even when Brennan saw me after my cut, he said, "Mama, you look AWESOME!!!!" And Ethan couldn't figure out if it was really his Mama under all those bangs.

I still love my hairdresser. I would recommend her to anyone. She is great and I think one bad haircut in over 2 years is acceptable. I haven't panicked about it because I know it will grow out. I tell myself it's just one of those really new sassy do's that all the runway models seem to be sporting these days. However, they have people to do their hair even when they're just going to the grocery store. I don't.

And by the way, you know how we never like what we have? How we are always envious of what others have? Well, I used to be envious of people who have very thin hair, but now I see why some who have thin hair complain about it. I feel bald. If I had naturally thin hair, I would either have to keep it in a short pixie cut or invest in some serious hair extensions. I should never complain, though. There are lots of people who wished they had hair.....

11 comments:

Al's Girl said...

It's illegal in the land of the blogger to post an entire blog entry about a new haircut and then not provide a picture of said haircut! FYI!! :oP

The Miller's Blog said...

No way, Jose!!! Not happening!!!! LOL

Cassie said...

I know! I want to see a picture!

The Miller's Blog said...

Don't be ridiculous!!! I'm not posting my pic on here for all of you to laugh at!!! :-)

4 J's said...

You have to put a picture up after and entire post about it! It's in the Blogger law book....

Chicago_or_Bust said...

I agree with the others - IT IS THE LAW !

Chad --- where's the cell phone pic - sneak it on Facebook !

Clark

The Miller's Blog said...

It's also law that if Chad does something like that, the couch becomes his new bed. Period. Therefore, he is smarter than that, CLARK!!!!

Anonymous said...

pictures!!!!

The Miller's Blog said...

I'm serious--- I am not posting pics-- Just look up Joan Jett, 1981, and there you have it. :-)

Al's Girl said...

I am dying here. The picture of Joan Jett is priceless. We need to get you some ripped up leggings and a black blazer w/ rolled up sleeves to wear with your 10 pounds of jewelry. LOL!

The Miller's Blog said...

Ha. Chad says it doesn't look anything like that, but I don't buy it.