It has been a really bad good week. (Yes, I meant that, it's not a typo.)
#1. Chad gave his resignation on Tuesday to his current employers. So this was a really bad good situation. He will start his new job on June 1st. It has been an answer to prayers financially. He will become the controller for the business that the state penitentiary owns/runs. Yes, Parchman owns a business. Who knew? Well, know YOU do. Chad will not be employed by the state, but he will get all the benefits of a state employee.... such as retirement, insurance, holidays, etc. Chad will also get a company car to drive back and forth to work everyday. And no, he does not have to commute to Yazoo. His office is local. But, it will still save miles on our vehicles. Our Camry is pushing 215,000 miles, and we've only had our van since August, but have put almost 12,000 miles on it. So, I will start driving the Camry on the days I work and use the van when I have the kids. The boys will have cheaper insurance with better coverage. It's just exciting, but Chad is still a little nervous about his new responsibilities.
This will also open up the opportunity for Chad to start a small part-time business on the side. Every year we have people asking him for tax advice and other things. Where Chad is employed now, he is not legally able to help others with tax returns. Since he will not be employed with an accounting firm anymore, this will give him the opportunity to help friends and family out, and charge a small fee...maybe about $50 or so.....to do their simple tax returns. He's always wanted to do something like that, and have a business, so who knows where this could take us?
#2. We replaced our hot water heater after it burst this week. Another bad good situation. We actually found out about it accidentally. I cleaned out closets this past weekend and Chad and Brennan were putting clothes in the attic, and Brennan said, "Daddy, why is there so much water in this bowl?" (He was referring to the drip pan.) So, thankfully Brennan is very observant at times, otherwise it could have been bad. The plumber said it was a very good thing we had such a good drip pan.... It wiped us clear out of money, but now I'm beginning to think we have been missing out quite a while on hot water. I mean, it gets HOT. We might have to turn the thermostat down in the attic so the boys won't scald themselves on accident one day. I never knew the water was supposed to be that hot!!! I'm in heaven when I take my before-bedtime baths!
#3. My most favorite teacher EVER got a pink slip from the Hinds County school district yesterday. I think this is a bad good situation.... I know it's devastating for her. VERY. But, I also feel like God will open up a bigger and better door than before. She just has to have faith. And I know she does. If anyone does, she does. I am keeping her in my prayers.
#4. So, I had a Tupperware party on Tuesday. It's been about 5 years since I got suckered in to a party like that, but I really wanted some Tupperware and I couldn't afford what I wanted. This was a bad good situation because parties like that are always stressful....such as getting responses to who wants to come to the party, who can't come but wants to order from the catalog, or order online, and deciding what kind of food to serve while people are over, and then getting the house cleaned up, ect., ect. BUT, I closed my party today and I got about $500 worth of Tupperware for $66.50 I know, right? Tupperware is some good stuff, and I am sooooo excited about getting my products in. One set I got was valued at $283, and I got the entire set for FREE. So, thanks to all my peeps who ordered whether at my party or online. Y'all are the best!!!! I got a new Salsa set, so I will have to make everyone some Salsa soon. It's these little things that excite me!
#5. Well, I guess this situation is just all around good.... But, I got an email last night saying that I am now on the PTO board at Brennan's school. I had no idea I had even been mentioned for anything. I will be a first-grade representative for the 2010-2011 school year. This makes me SO happy! I love getting to know other moms and being involved in school functions. It makes my heart happy! I am very excited about what next year holds.... but I am also very sad that Brennan will be in the first grade. I don't feel like he should be turning 6 in a few weeks. But, I don't have the power to stop time, now do I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment