Today we went to the art studio where Brennan takes art lessons. His teacher has had it opened all week as a come and go set-up, and she has all kinds of different projects each day. Today was all about.....you guessed it.....St. Patrick's Day. Since green is Bren's favorite color, I decided today would be a GREAT day for him to get his "art on". When I dropped him off, his teacher said sometimes the kids stay for an hour, a little longer, or some have stayed as long as 2 hours. So I wrote down my number and she said she would call once Brennan got through or became bored with everything. I went to my cousin's house down the road to visit, and 2 hours later my phone still had not rang. I decided to go pick him up and see what was going on. Well, when I walked in, he had just gotten started on a new project. He was having SO much fun. Although-- I'm trying to steer Brennan away from drawing houses. He loves to draw them. But, he also loves to build them with blocks. Anyway, he made a mask that he wanted to wear to church tonight (but of course, we didn't allow that) and he painted on canvas after learning to mix all different shades of green, AND he did a sand-art project. For $15 I got way more than my money's worth. I'm thinking about taking him back on Friday.
Even Ethan did a sand-art painting while we waited on Brennan to finish his canvas. I think he did a GREAT job. This is going on the fridge, and one day I want to have this matted and framed as Ethan's first piece of art.
This is the mask Brennan made.
Brennan loves his art class. It makes me so happy to know that he looks forward to going to art every week. He doesn't play sports and has no desire to, so I want to get him plugged into things that he enjoys and will keep him busy and keep his mind thinking creatively. He gets so excited about going to lessons, I almost have to physically restrain him so he doesn't run across the busy street to get there after we park the car. I'm sure over time I will have lots more pictures to post and more art to brag about.










1 comment:
They are precious!!! Makes me excited to have boys!!! XO KJ
Post a Comment