Friday, March 12, 2010

School is out.

Today has been a wonderful day. I started with TWO cups of coffee from my new Keurig. (By the way, I am so in love with that machine already.) Then I had lunch with Randi and had some good laughs with her. We actually caught up a lot in one hour. It was good to see her talkative and smiling after everything her family is still dealing with. And I know her family still covets your prayers. But on top of the rest of my day, it has been SO beautiful outside. Not too warm and not too cold, just the right amount of breeze and pretty white clouds to look at. Nothing like the appreciation for a little Vitamin D.

Well, Spring Break is here already! I can't believe it's the middle of March. For this upcoming week I have absolutely nothing planned. Nothing. I wish I could say I was doing something fun and fabulous, but not only do you have to have money, but your husband also has to have vacation time from work. And we have neither. Due to my husband's profession we will forever be stuck at home every Spring Break. (Boo, hiss)

I think the most fun we will have this coming week is playing outside as long as the weather permits. And I also plan on taking Brennan to the art studio where he takes lessons for a couple of hours one day so he can get creative and get out of my hair (I didn't say that!)

I had intentions of getting Brennan's teachers a little happy before Spring Break- something like a "relaxation kit"- but time got away from me, and it suddenly slipped up on me. So much for my plan. I had good intentions.

For those of you lucky to escape and have some family time or friend time, hope you have a blast. Be safe and make lots of memories. Enjoy the spring weather, too. After complaining of how cold and dreary it's been, we'll all be complaining soon about how hot and dry it is. Enjoy. I'm about to enjoy myself a spot of Earl Grey tea thanks to my Keurig! (Chad might have created a monster....)

No comments: