Monday, March 1, 2010

Unanswered prayers....

Okay, so for those of you who follow my blog or read it when I post a new entry, well you know I like to share my thoughts.... I just want to share one thing that REALLY and TRULY upsets me.... I absolutely cannot stand it when someone says they are glad for unanswered prayers. Why does that upset me? Because there is no such thing as prayers that go unanswered. Period.

God ALWAYS answers prayers. (Believe me, not only does the Bible tell me so, but I also know from personal experience!) The problem with God always answering prayer is this: He may not answer it the way we think He should or needs to. Prayer gets answered in one of three ways:

#1. No.

#2. Yes.

#3. Not yet.

And even when prayers are answered with a yes or no response, it may the OPPOSITE answer we were praying for. OR it could be a "be careful what you 'wish' for because you just may get it" answer. God knows exactly what He's doing. He made the stars, the sun, the moon, the Earth and the millions and millions of creatures inhabiting Earth. I kinda think the Man Upstairs knows a thing or two about how to run things......

1 comment:

Deltaflute said...

A priest at church said that very thing once. Although he didn't call it unanswered prayers, he said this is how God answers prayers. He also said the "not yet" was a "maybe" which means the same thing. I always quote what he said so I find it cool that you said basically the same thing.