Friday, March 26, 2010

What a week.....

It has definitely been a week at my house. Everyone has gotten a round of the nasty stomach bug that has been spreading like wildfire. Brennan is the only one who has been fortunate enough not to get it (knock, knock, KNOCK on wood.)

Ethan was the first to get it Monday afternoon. I felt so bad for him, and it was only inevitable that Chad and me both would get it. He got sick on both of us, and all he wanted was to be held. Ethan is a milk drinker, so he wouldn't take very much juice which concerned me a little because I was afraid he would get dehydrated. Fortunately, his only lasted about 12 hours. Although he does have a lingering side effect which has given him a terrible diaper rash, but I think that's because he is a milk lover and his tummy upset is lingering because of that.

On Wednesday I had a terrible, terrible headache, to the point of being nauseated, but I was able to take some headache medicine and I felt better. Chad went to work that morning, but was on his way home within a few hours. He had been hit. His mother had some Phenergan so he took one and he was out cold until yesterday morning when he decided he felt okay enough to go back to work. It's hard being sick in the middle of tax season. Lots of deadlines, and he has too much to be able to bring his work home. He was fortunate enough to be able to sleep his off for the most of it.

Thursday morning at 3:00 a.m., I woke up feeling like I had been punched in the stomach. That was when I knew it was my turn. Thursday was such a bad day to have it. I work on Thursdays and no work equals no pay. The virus seemed to last longer with me and be a little more severe. I was sick for a full 24 hours and couldn't get up or move without the urge to get sick. I've been sick many times in my life, but I haven't been that sick in YEARS. I am so thankful my mom came over Thursday and watched Ethan and Brennan for me. I took Phenergan AND Advil PM for my hurting body and still couldn't sleep. It was miserable. I finally went to sleep about 7:00 last night and slept soundly until the alarm went off this morning. I drank one cup of coffee this morning, and immediately had regrets. The thought of food for any of us is still nauseating.

My prayers are that Brennan will not get it. It's terrible and even though is seems to be a 24 hour virus, or a little less, it is still nauseating to think about food or certain drinks. Chad brought me home a cherry limeade from Sonic last night and it was like heaven to me. It was the only drink I could think of that sounded good enough to drink.

Now, Ethan is coming down with either sinus or allergy issues. I'm hoping his ear is not starting to bother him. He's very fussy with a runny nose and occasionally he tugs on his ear. And then last night while I was still sick in the bed, Chad came looking for my tweezers. Turns out Ethan had 2 splinters in the bottom of his foot festering. Chad was able to pull them both out and said that one was huge. It has been total chaos in my house for the last few days. It's been a week for sure. So glad it's almost over!!!!!!!

No comments: