Monday, March 15, 2010

A few of my favorite things...


Yes. One of my favorite things is this picture of George W. I love George W. and I would go to great lengths to be able to meet him one day. But, not only do I love him as the man he is and made no apologies to be, but I looove this picture. The caption and the picture truly go together. I certainly hope he is enjoying retirement. And YES, Mr. President W., we DO miss you!


I cannot live without my Merle Norman lipstick pencil. If you know me AT ALL, or have even met me once, you know I've gotta have my lips on. The brighter the better, and the glossier the better. Carnation Pink and Ruby Slipper are my two favorite shades. However, I was told that Ruby Slipper has been discontinued. I then had a day of mourning.


(Shhhhhh. Don't tell my husband.) Yes, I love, love, love this toothpaste. I have always been an advocate of only brushing with toothpaste accepted by the American Dental Academy. Don't ask me why. I guess it's just because of my profession. Chad loves this toothpaste. I always used Colgate Total, which is fabulous too, but Chad got me addicted to this. I eventually gave it a try and it took a while, but now I am hooked. It really brightens teeth and helps with staining. (Because at one time I was formerly obsessed with bleaching my teeth, BUT 2 kids later, I don't even think about bleaching anything but the toilet and sometimes the laundry---and maybe my hair to get rid of all the gray I see sprouting up lately.)


I mean, really.... Do I have to explain this one? It's Elvis. I rarely go a day without sliding in one of the two discs from my "Elvis Essentials Collection". Sometimes Elvis puts a smile on my face after a long stressful day. My favorites are (but not limited to) "Burnin' Love", "Are You Lonesome Tonight", "Big Boss Man", "Polk Salad Annie", "That's Alright", "Bossa Nova Baby", and " You Were Always on my Mind".

*sigh*

New discovery for me. I am hooked. I could drink this morning, noon, and night. Sweetened with a little honey and some Splenda, it is fabulous hot, warm, or cold. And it's supposedly better for you than coffee. Who knew?

No comments: