Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipe

Okay, okay. I posted an entry earlier today about the health care issue. I sent a version to Gregg Harper, and I also plan on sending one to Gov. Haley Barbour. But, I am now tired of talking about it. It's too close to bed time to get my blood pressure all in a tizzy. Although, I do appreciate the great comments and support from you Facebook friends.

On a subject a LOT lighter than politics.

So, tonight I made some homemade macaroni and cheese. Chad has been begging me to try and make some because his grandmother makes it and it is THE BEST. So, I have never made it because frankly, I don't want my cooking being compared to his grandmother's. (Not that Chad would intentionally do that, but we all know grandmother's have the best cooking skills EVER.)

Anyway, here is the recipe (AND it's done in a slow-cooker which makes it even BETTER!):

8 oz. (2 C.) elbow macaroni
4 C. (16 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 and 1/2 C. milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 slices American cheese

Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Mix pasta, 3 cups cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in greased slow-cooker. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Arrange American cheese slices on top. Cook, covered, on low for 3 to 4 hours. DO NOT remove lid or stir while cooking. Serves 8 to 10.

This so unbelievably yummy AND easy. And to top it off, Chad loved it as much as his grandmother's recipe. I am so excited my first attempt at homemade mac and cheese was a success!!!!! It's hard to find something to make that the entire family will eat, and everyone LOVED it. Even Ethan, who is recovering from the stomach virus and hasn't eaten in several days. He wanted a bite, and then ended up eating an entire bowl.

1 comment:

Nana said...

That's sounds yummy. It is so hard to cook for my family they are so picky! What's worse is that I have a culinary degree and cook almost anything, but they won't eat any of it!