Monday, April 5, 2010

Allowance....

This is a conversation between Chad and Brennan at dinner tonight. (Note: we have agreed to give Brennan an allowance each time he cleans up the playroom, bedroom, and any other area of the house he messes up. But he can only get the money if he does so without complaining, or without having to be fussed at. He gets 25 cents each time, and you can call me cheap if you want to, but a highly motivated 5 year old with $$$ signs in his eyes---well, it can add up FAST!)

Brennan: Daddy, you owe me $2 tonight.

Chad: Why do I owe you $2?

Brennan: Because I was a big boy and cleaned up the playroom twice. Once yesterday and once when you and Mama were coming home from work tonight.

Chad: Brennan, you are NOT getting $1 every time you clean up. That's one or more dollars a day and we don't have that kind of money. BUT, I will give you a whole dollar from yesterday because you picked up really good after the company left our house yesterday. We appreciate that.

Brennan: Okay, Daddy. Well, I would like that dollar with the number TEN on it, please.

Oh, what a smart, smart boy.......

1 comment:

Nana said...

That's a smart boy! We did that with morgan for a while until he got tired of it. We made a chart and each day before he went to bed he had to pick up all his toys. If he picked them all up he got a stamp and at the end of the week if the whole week was stamped he got his coin. now at the time he didn't know the difference between a penny and a quarter so it was pretty cheap! I'm probably going to start it again once he starts kindergaden