This is going around blog world. If you are on my blog list and you haven't done this yet, I tag you!
Seven things about me that most don't know:
#1. I HATE HATE HATE Play-doh. It makes me nauseated. I don't touch it, and I certainly don't smell it. I promise I will vomit. Brennan asks me every day if he can get his Play-doh out, but he can only play with the stuff when my mom is here keeping him. I don't DO Play-doh.
#2. Teeth fascinate me. If I could have had a magic crystal ball, and could have seen into the future when I graduated high school, I would have really done different in my studies and worked harder and applied for dental school. But, I thought I wanted to be a school teacher, then I worked at a daycare my last year of h.s. and first 2 years of college and changed my mind FAST. I LOVE dentistry and I LOVE learning new things every day about teeth and all the new technology that is continuously coming out in dentistry.
#3. So I just said I would have loved to have been a dentist, but to contradict that, I also wanted nothing more than to be a wife and have babies. I "idolize" June Cleaver.
#4. I wish I could have lived back in the 40's and 50's. Simpler times, simpler people, and a safer world to have lived in. I wish I could have lived back then and lived in a town just like Mayberry. My heart gets all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.
#5. You've seen the show "Hoarders"??? Well, I am the total opposite. I have been known to throw away perfectly good things (such as toys) just because they got in my way, or I got tired of looking at them after a few months. I cannot stand clutter. I cannot stand a messy house. However, have you seen the inside of my van lately or the inside of my closet? They both could make it onto that television show.
#6. I really, really, really want to adopt. Chad and I have decided we will definitely try for a 3rd child, but Chad also wants a 4th child. I'm not carrying and birthing and nursing a fourth time. My body will reject me. I do feel very passionate about adopting. Chad has not gotten there in his heart, but I have asked him to start praying about it. My mom was adopted and I feel very strongly about it. And it doesn't have to be an infant. I am okay with an older child.
#7. I never, ever pay full price for anything. Especially clothes. And I HATE shopping, but I LOVE getting a good deal. It gives me an adrenaline rush. I love to see how much money I can save. I love clipping coupons and reading the receipt at the bottom where it shows my savings. I haven't learned the trade yet, but I hope to one day be one of these moms who come out of the grocery store with $100 worth of groceries for $20. I have friends who can do it and it's a hobby for them, but so far I have not had the patience to learn how to do it, nor have they taught me any of their secrets. But just today, I bought two pairs of $98 jeans for $9.99 a piece. I saved $188. But, I had already been to the Clinique cosmetic counter before that, so it really didn't justify it today.
And there you have it. Seven things about me that you probably couldn't care less about. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment