So, as my faithful readers know, there is never a dull moment to be had at the Miller household. Especially with a five (almost 6) year old who has an answer to EVERYTHING. So, Brennan was being especially argumentative close to bedtime tonight and wasn't getting his way with his Daddy (or me). I was out of the room at the time, but this is how the conversation went down according to Chad:
Chad: Brennan, just do what you're told now and quit arguing.
Brennan: (with tears streaming down his face) But DADDY!!!!! Do you not remember that devotion you read to me about how God wants us doing to others as we want done to us? Don't you, Daddy? Well, you are NOT doing to me what I would do to you! That's not what God says to do, Daddy!!!
Then, with tears still streaming down his face, Brennan runs into the bathroom where I was (fortunately I was brushing my teeth....) and repeats the whole tear-stained story..... What are we going to do with this kid? I feel in my heart that he is a Southern Baptist preacher without a congregation .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment