Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Random Wednesday.

Here are some random facts from today....

#1. I would personally like to thank my husband for the one bad gene he passed on to our youngest. This morning was spent at the pediatrician's office (apparently with every other sick, germy kid in Jackson) so that we could be told Ethan has a severe case of allergies. But, that wasn't the worst part. Oh no. It's better. He also STILL has an ear infection (F.Y.I.--he's been on a $60 antibiotic for TWO weeks that didn't clear it up). But THE BEST part of all is the trip I had to make to the pharmacy. (Yes, I am dripping with sarcasm here.... Can you feel it as you read these words?) I forked over a grand total of $140 for a ONE month supply of allergy medicine and another dose of antibiotics. One of his medications ALONE was $116. Yes, I'll let you do the math. The ONLY good thing about that trip to the pharmacy is that we have now met our prescription deductible for Ethan. Good golly, thank goodness I had on my yellow mineral powder today. Hives were popping up everywhere! (If you're lost on that one, refer yourself to the next blog post down from this one.)

#2. As I was at Wal-Mart today shopping for drugs and other things we use around the house, I was somehow magically transported to the clearance aisle. (I didn't know Wal-Mart had magical shopping fairies who seduced people with their magic, but whatever.) I, of course, found the Easter candy for a whopping 75% off. Hellooooo Cadbury Mini eggs. I bought 4, yes, count 'em, FOUR bags of the things. (But, what I won't tell you is that I also bought 4 bags of the Hershey's version on Monday at the Walgreen's in the ghetto.....oops, did I say that?) Why do I do that to myself? Apparently my fear of becoming Mrs. Fatty McFatty Pants is off on some sort of hiatus. I think my hormones are out of control. That's what I'll blame it on anyway.

#3. Back to the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart--- I can't keep myself away. And I can sniff out bargains like nobody's business, but I'm also one of these people that think just because it's on sale for 75% off, I have to have it because, COME ON, it's a good deal. I bought two scarves today for $2 a piece, bought some sidewalk chalk for Brennan's class at $2 a box, and let's not forget the Cadbury eggs. I mean, seriously, why can't I just walk away. Walk. Away. Put the merchandise down (and NOT in the buggy) and walk away. Wal-Mart, I love you so, but OH, how I loathe you.

#4. Some car commercial is now playing the theme song from "The Andy Griffith Show", so now every time it comes on the television, I jump up to answer my phone because that is my ringtone. VERY annoying.

#5. Glue guns are AWESOME. The end.

1 comment:

Nana said...

ha ha ha you really make me laugh today! Yes glue guns are awesome! And alex intraduced me to the clearance section and it's evil little inticings! Oh and my mom just made me suffer through my allergies. I would always take a teaspoon of benadryl and go back outside with red itchy eyes. So far clariton is the only thing that works for me. And if they put it back in the pharmacy instead of over the counter I'm going to go crazy! It use to cost me 90.00 just for a tiny vile. now I get the same amount for about 15.00