Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Book Review
I just finished "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. One word: Excellent. It was a page-turner from the start and it had a very surprising twist at the end. It's about a school shooting and it is very true to life. Something that could happen at any school at anytime. Scary, but realistic. What I love about Jodi Picoult is that all of her books that I've read are on very controversial subjects, but she writes about things without taking sides. You are able to see things from all of the characters viewpoints without it being offensive to someone with different viewpoints. Next up: "Plain Truth" by the same author. It's a slightly older book, but looks to be another page-turner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
ME TOOOO! I love that her stories are about issues that are true to life. None of these make-believe, far-fetched story lines. And they really make you think. I am so jealous that you get to read fun books. Next up for me: The Scarlet Letter....
Post a Comment