But I still don't think it gives a right to gasoline companies to mess with us. Everyone is buckling down for Gustav, and I understand the concern running through everyone's mind. It seems everyone is so gun-shy after Katrina, with all rights to be. It seems like everyone affected by Katrina (even those of us this far inland) can separate their lives into two categories: Pre-Katrina and Post-Katrina. Most of us living away from the coastline would hardly be concerned about this storm right now it it weren't for what devastated us all three years ago. We all know someone affected by Katrina.
I'm especially getting concerned after being on the Coast just a month ago. I saw how people's lives are still being affected by Katrina and all the FEMA trailers and cottages in and around the town we stayed in. The people of the Coast have been in my prayers, and I'm certainly not wishing for the storm to hit ANYONE on land. But, at this point it's inevitable that someone is going to be devastated. I only pray that God's hand will be on it and that those who were MOST affected by Katrina will be least affected by Gustav. Of course, I feel like it's unfair to say that because that is only wishing it on someone else, but there are many who could stand to be spared right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment