I had my third and final baby shower today. My sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law and my grandmother-in-law all helped put together a shower at my church. It was a really good turnout and we got things that we really needed. God is good. He knew we needed three basic things: money, diapers, and clothes. Well, from family and close family friends Chad and I now have enough money to put back into savings what we took out to buy our baby furniture. We got many diapers in all sizes and we received a lot of cute clothes for the fall and winter. I had saved all of Brennan's clothes, but since he was a summer baby and this will be a fall/winter baby, all of his old clothes might not work. So God definitely knew our needs and provided through my family and all my friends at church. I am excited and can't wait to be able to use these things. My sister-in-law had a cake made that matches the rug and the bedding set we will be using. Too cute.
Yesterday Chad and Brennan painted the nursery. Finally. It turned out to be a nice relaxing shade of gray. Very light gray. It looks great.
So between all my wonderful showers we have everything we could possibly need. Unless someone want to open up a college savings fund for us.... LOL. We have gift cards, money, diapers, wipes, and clothes for the cooler season that will be upon us soon.
As I'm typing this I think my Ambien has kicked in. Faster than expected. It's all running together.... The doctor had to write me a prescription when I went on Friday so that I could sleep. I had a slight emotional breakdown at my visit on Friday. Mainly due to lack of sleep.
But, I'm thankful at how good God is to us. He has blessed us in many, many ways.
Ready for a dive in the hot bath and clean sheets. GOODNITE.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
I too love a good Clean-Sheet Day! Sorry I couldnt make it this weekend; I hope you got the message. But please remember that I DO want to paint a little something for Ethan's room. post some of pic of his nursery when it is all done so I can get some ideas :)
Post a Comment