Friday, August 1, 2008

This is getting serious!

One more thing about my trip to the doctor this morning... This is just how flighty I have become in recent weeks:

The clinic I go to is on the 4th floor of the Colonnades building. As we were leaving I let Brennan push the down button. When we got in the elevator he jumped in (literally). I told him what number button to push. The elevator wouldn't go anywhere. The number would light up for one second and the door would try to close, but then it would open back up. I told him to push the button harder. He did. So finally, after several tries, we got out of the elevator, let the door close, waited a few seconds, and tried to start the process over again. We pushed the down button, the same elevator opened up. We got BACK on, and pushed the same number button AGAIN. So then I started thinking Brennan messed up the elevator by jumping on instead of walking in. (Come on, he only weighs 36 pounds.) I told him not to jump on the elevator anymore because now it was stuck. Finally someone rounds the corner to get on the elevator and I let Brennan push the down button. I was going to act totally oblivious if the elevator still didn't work. Instead, another elevator FINALLY opens up, and it is only then that I realize I was on the 4th floor and we were pushing the 4th floor button. Repeatedly. What has happened to my brain?! Duh.

1 comment:

Marie said...

LOL! and you were going to let Brennan think he killed the elevator!