This entry in my blog is in no way meant to offend anyone. Earlier this week someone I know got very offended at something I said I believed in. This person now refuses to have anything to do with me. I've prayed for peace over the situation because it really bothers me that someone could share their views with me, but get offended when I share my views with them. That person will probably never see this blog, but I'm going to say what's on my mind and heart anyway and I don't really care what anyone thinks about my beliefs. If I do offend anyone it's not intentional, just the things that I value and take to heart and they are the same beliefs and values I want my children to have.
First and foremost, I believe that this nation was founded under Christian laws and values. Yet, I believe in freedom of speech and freedom of religion. As long as no one gets hurt.
I believe there is no right religion, but there is one God. One Creator. One Judge. The God I worship is the same God that is worshiped by Methodists, Catholics, and Presbyterians and many other religions. You can choose to worship whatever god you want as long as you don't get offended by the God I choose to worship.
I am pro-life, but I believe in capital punishment. How can someone justify thinking it is inhumane to kill a cold-blooded murderer (who was innocent until proven guilty by a court of law), but yet think it is okay for a woman to choose death for an innocent baby. I believe from the moment of conception, before that little heart even begins to beat for the first time, it was God's will and God's plan. It is, however, a choice made by a woman and/or a man to do what they want. I don't necessarily believe a woman should have a choice to "dispose of" what God has created. But, I can't change the world or their beliefs, so for those that think otherwise, it is not my job to judge. I will not refuse to be your friend, nor will I look down on you for what you believe.
I believe in the institution of marriage the way that God designed it to be. Because you live a lifestyle that may be different than what I believe doesn't mean I will not speak to you or show ignorance to you. I have friends and acquaintances whom I adore but have chosen a different lifestyle for themselves. I have never looked down on them or judged them for that, nor do I intend to.
I believe in the right to bear arms. No one ever has a right to come in and take what I have worked so hard for. It is mine. If you ask and respect me and my things I will gladly share. It is nobody's right to do harm to me because they want something I have. Get a job.
I believe the welfare system is backwards, upside down, and everywhere but where it should be. Too many people in this country are taking advantage of those of us who work hard for the things we have. I believe every able bodied, able soul should, again, get a job.
I believe, as I said earlier, in freedom of speech. But if you want to get angry and tell me your opinion and views on issues, don't be disrespectful when I share mine with you. I tolerated your opinion. I respected you when you talked and I listened, now you should do the same for me. If we don't agree on something, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
I believe my job as a Christian is to be the best example I can be in the life I live. I have made decisions in my life that have had painful, traumatic consequences. The only person who should judge me is God Himself. By living a life as a Christian I don't always make the choices I should make, nor do I set the example I should set. But I do learn from the choices and mistakes I have made and then I go from there in my walk with God.
Ultimately I do believe that this nation is falling away from the core values and principles it was founded on. I will never cram my opinions or religion down anyone's throat, but I will pray for this country and the shape it is in. I believe a leader who prays to God-- THE God-- daily and seeks guidance and wisdom from Him would be the best choice this nation could make. However, there are many, MANY people who feel otherwise. I can't change that. I just have to realize that my God will grant peace and wisdom to those of us at the bottom who still believe.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










3 comments:
Amen, Sister!!!
Way to go, Mandy!
The immature person who got offended when you expressed your opinion needs to grow up and deal with their insecurities!
Bill O'Reilly's book "Culture War" (or something like that) really points out the support for moving our nation and masses of uninformed people away from the Judeo-Christian foundation of our great country - relativism is their mantra - nothing is right or wrong.
Proud of you, pregnant hormones and all..... :-)
Clark
Post a Comment