Friday, August 29, 2008

Fired Up!

I haven taken a step in the right direction: I have an application in hand to register to vote in Rankin County. Yes, I AM currently registered, but in Hinds County. I never updated my information after we moved 3 years ago.

I am registering to vote NOT because I am all for a particular candidate, but instead because there is one particular candidate whose face I do not care to see for the next four years of my life. Neither the Republican candidate nor the Democratic candidate am I totally head-over-heels about, but there is one who I'd rather see in office over the other. Right now, since they are neck and neck in popularity, it goes back to the whole Bush/Gore election: One vote CAN make a difference. After hearing so much hype and hot air from the DNC (no, I did NOT watch it-just the news) I am all fired up. I had no intentions of even caring to vote this year (I know--not very American), but after this week, sign me up!!!

(p.s. In case you were wondering--if there was any room left to wonder--without giving away my vote, I AM a conservative 110%. Nor do I care if you have a problem with that.)

No comments: