Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If I had a dollar....

If I had a dollar for every time in the past 3 weeks or so that someone has asked me: a)how much longer do I have?, b)how am I feeling?, c)is it a boy or a girl?, or d)what is the name going to be?, I would have been able to pay off Chad's student loans, pay off our house, buy a new car, and pay for both of my kid's future college education. I know that people are just being polite and most are genuinely concerned and caring, but even strangers in the grocery store line quiz me about my pregnancy. I REALLY wish I did have a dollar for every time someone asked me about the pregnancy!

When people ask me about how I'm feeling at this point, I WANT to reply like this (especially when it's a man): "Well, tell me how YOU would feel with a six-and-a-half pound baby crammed between your pelvis and your rib cage squashing all internal organs, trying to consume plenty of liquids (you know, to keep things flowing right because nothing is working the way it's supposed to anymore), but in turn having to go pee every 5 minutes (literally), heartburn with one bite too much, and 'cankles', let's not forget the 'cankles'.... And that's just the front side of my body. Want to get started on the back?! Not to mention I don't know what's gotten wider: my rear-end or my hips. And of course we won't even get started on my emotional instability right now." That's how I WANT to reply.

This is what comes out of my mouth: "Great! Thanks for asking. I'm just ready", (with a light little chuckle right after.)

But, even though I'm cranky, my back hurts, and I can't go more than 30 seconds without thinking about chocolate or having to go pee, I'm grateful that so many people are concerned about me and the baby. As much as it sometimes drives me crazy, I know I would be complaining if no one ever asked me how I was feeling.

Speaking of chocolate....Fundraisers are back in session right along with school. As soon as I got to the door at church tonight I was hit up by Sunday School kids selling chocolate. I couldn't say no. By the time Chad got to church my purse was full of chocolate. No, really. It was full. But to justify it, (especially to Chad, when I opened my suitcase of a purse full of chocolate) it was to support HIS high school alumni (a place I've never been a big fan of) and I couldn't say no to my Sunday School kids. I'm a total sucker.....

No comments: