Sunday, August 31, 2008

I've had it.... (whine, whine, whine)

I am SO ready to have this baby, I think I might go insane! I don't remember feeling this way with Brennan at all. I am miserable. My back hurts so bad that nothing touches the pain (of course Tylenol and a hot bath are all I can do at this point anyway.) I crave chocolate 24/7. I could eat chocolate for every meal and snacks in between. I get out of breath just walking up a flight of stairs (hard to believe I ran 26.2 miles not even a year ago.) Telling myself how grateful I should be to have such "easy" pregnancies (meaning no complications or bed rests) is not working anymore. Carrying a child is the greatest blessing any woman could ask for, but it doesn't take away the pain. Not to mention I cry over almost anything. Of course, today I feel like I had legitimate reason to cry, but once I started I couldn't stop. I came home from church and was feeling so bad--my back, my side, and everything in between.

Tuesday is my next doctor appointment. Last week I had not dilated any, but since Thursday I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions a lot more frequently and for some reason, they come about every 10 minutes in the evening time. Each day that goes by the contractions get more and more uncomfortable, but I still think they are the false contractions. Although, I did read that when the false contractions get more frequent, labor is usually right around the corner. I know that Chad gets really tired of hearing me whine, because I get tired of it, too. But, I just had to let the tears go today. I am so READY. I think.....

Not to mention I am so restless. I have been off work all last week and I'll be off this week until Thursday because my boss is on vacation. I never, ever want to be a full-time stay-at-home-mom. (But as bad as I want to go back to work, I'm worried about being uncomfortable on my feet all day--plus after my boss has been out over a week, it will be INSANE!) There's only so much cleaning and cooking and washing that can be done. I was so restless today that when I heard a commercial on the radio for people to volunteer at the Red Cross Shelters, I thought to myself I should go do that. Chad and I went on a date night Friday and did a little shopping, and I wanted to get out of the house today, but there's only so much money (and gas) we can burn and we've burned it all. Plus, it's a lose-lose situation. Walking a lot makes me uncomfortable, but sitting around makes me uncomfortable and restless. I also didn't want to get in the traffic today. Highway 49 and Interstate 55 were insane. Just gotta keep telling myself: I'm almost there. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......)

No comments: