Saturday, August 23, 2008

I am a sucker....

I just happened upon a radio commercial advertising the Brick Street Market in Clinton as we were on our way to Dogwood last night. Let's just say anything with the word "Market" in it, I'm a sucker for it most times. All those handmade trinkets, and jewelry I would never even wear, and walking around in a smothering crowd in 90 degree heat. Something about it just does my little heart good. I will probably come away with nothing, but I just can't help myself. It's so much fun. As soon as I can drag the other members of my family out of bed, we are there!

Anyway, last night Chad and I took what will probably be our last shopping excursion for a while. We went to Babies R Us and Target and bought the things we needed, but didn't get for our showers. We got a new stroller because we borrowed one from Chad's sister when we had Brennan. This new one is actually just a frame that the car seat we already have will snap into. We got crib sheets, mattress pads, nursing supplies, and more diapers. Now all we need is the baby.

I have the next week-and-a-half off from work and I'm not quite sure what do to with myself. I've already gone kind of stir crazy just Thursday and Friday. Short of getting the nursery ready for Ethan's arrival and washing all the baby gear, there's not much else for me to do but sit back and wait. And be tired and lazy. I should enjoy these last few days of non-strenuous activities, and rest, but I just have too much on my mind to be able to settle down. It's going to be a loooong week.

No comments: